Monday, 19 June 2017

China Plate.

~ The China Plate Dress ha ~

Now being British, its very hard not to mention the weather right now. If you aren't from the UK, we have been blessed (or cursed) with incredibly hot weather, which, despite it being lovely, no one really knows how to deal with it. My house at the moment is waaay to hot to be comfortable and sleeping at night is difficult... but hey hoo, like I said, as I'm British, as soon as the weather turns cold again we'll begin the complaining all over again... Anyway, as its v v hot at present, I dug deep in my wardrobe and found this beautiful china plate patterned sun dress that I'd completely forgotten about - well, it very much got all the love it deserved over the weekend!

[Dress: Miss Selfridge (v old) | Sunglasses: Next | Shoes: Office (v old)]

As I said, I dug deep in my wardrobe on Saturday morning, in the hope of finding something summery. I obviously don't mean your everyday light blouses or skirts - I mean something really really light, something that won't make me melt within 10 seconds. In truth, I'm never cut out for this weather. Being warm blooded, I usually warm in winter, so as much as I love visiting the beach (as I did on Sunday!) with my friend or jumping for joy at all the natural light for those #BlogPics - I'm just a sticky mess all the time.

This dress I wore (on both Saturday and Sunday) was bought for a family holiday about 4/5 years ago, I've worn it only a handful of times in the past, but in recent times.. never. I'd completely dismissed how pretty it is, with the material being very light and soft. The pattern is completely reminiscent of fine china and feel it is fitting for summer days like we've had. I actually didn't wear these little pink sandals on Sunday because they're not very fit for walking far in (or on sand) so opted for my yellow Topshop berkinstock-esque sandals instead.

On the whole, despite being very very hot at all times, the weekend has been a very good one. I'm now off work for the next 3 days which is a celebration in itself - so more days lapping up the sun (or looking out at it from my living room window as I tend to do - sun bathing isn't the most fun activity in my book HAHA)

x


 
 
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Oh my goshhh Lisa I adore this dress so much! Also I've been looking at (stalking) your Insta stories and can't even handle how lucky you are to live so close to the beach! I'm so jealous haha xx

    http://www.lilyolivia.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much lovely! Haha the beach was SO nice yesterday (but very busy!), I'll proper miss living by the sea when I move to uni! xxx

      Delete
  2. This is such a cute dress! It's currently windy and rainy but then sunny for a minute or too then back to rain here where I live so definitely jealous right now haha
    Kathy x
    Alongcamekathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they I love yellows atm! Oh god, proper winter weather - perfect excuse to wrap up warm inside though haha! xx

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig