Thursday, 23 March 2017

LIVE FIRST, BLOG LATER.


~ LIVE FIRST, BLOG LATER ~

Is this something that can get to you too; you have a weekend enjoying yourself, living a semi-carefree life, not thinking of work or any major stress (-because really nothing majorly stressful happens at the weekend does it HAHA) and then BOOM. You suddenly run out of time to blog. You have no photos or evidence of your time having fun. Then the guilt creeps in. What was the point in all fun if you haven't got a photo to Instagram? Of course, from my point of view, none of this is my job. I don't make money from blogging/ social media. My livelihood doesn't rely on a few snaps of a perfume or lipstick. SO, why can I feel guilty if all listed below happens. Why do we all at times feel a guilt or an annoyance if we didn't document our time enjoying ourselves...
... no this post is in no connecting to my post about being able to live your life and document it at the same time, because that is still true - you totally can. I'm talking about not thinking about documenting, separating yourself from blogging for a few days and not feeling that guilt. Really, this post is a little bit of therapy session for me. Because last weekend, I had a pretty fun weekend, but non of it blog related. I celebrated my mums birthday and had a two days of proper family time. I did have times throughout the weekend where I thought ugh there is nothing to Instagram. Then it got to me Sunday night, I had very little photos taken at all - these photos were taken extremely quickly late afternoon Sunday.
I suddenly realised HOW RIDICULOUS. I've read multiple blog posts recently about how blogging can become consuming, it can take over and you start to not concentrate on your real life - cyber life takes over. I feel I need to constantly remind myself to live first, blog later. This isn't a job, its a hobby.. don't feel guilty if its only the 1 blog post that goes up this week, don't say no to things because you 'may' not have time to take outfit photos.. live your life, you'll remember the real life interactions with friends and family a lot quicker then you can recall a blog post you rushed to finished and don't like...
 
So, moral of the story? like I said, live first. Its funny because I feel like I've said the same phrases a couple of times before, but its something that I constantly need to remind myself. I think its purely down to my love of blogging and taking photos, I love do it, that seems my reason why I do get upset if I cannot blog... I simply just need to chill out that is all - that's definitely the truth!
 
I told you blog can become a little of therapy session.. god my life can be melodramatic sometimes!
 
x
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Yes, yes and yes! I need to always remind myself to just enjoy every moment of my life without anything stressing me out. xx

    Marilyn | www.marilynnassar.wordpress.com/
    Bloglovin' | https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/marilyn-nassar-14771537

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so important to do isn't it! Definitely remember to live first x

      Delete
  2. Love this! I got into a habit last year of it taking over my life so I've limited myself to one blog post a week now - but always the same time and day so I still do it!

    www.alyspace.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea, if blogging is taking over, lessen on the content and live more! x

      Delete
  3. This is so true to me! Blogging to me sometimes loses all of it's magic when I suddenly have to rush about on my chilled Sunday to try and get the perfect snap before the sun goes back in and then I get frustrated with myself if I miss out on a scheduled post, but I've learned to become a lot more lenient with it. If I'm having a weekend away, I try and plan blog posts before but if not, I try and not make a massive issue about it - this is definitely such an interesting read and so glad I'm not the only person who feels it! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so sad isn't it when blogging loses its magic because it can be such a fun thing to do, glad you feel the same - I've definitely learnt to relax more - I'd rather no blog post then a blog post I've rushed and dislike!! thank you for your comment! xx

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig